(P2) People try to solve this problem. They make a new app. When you see a reindeer, you touch your phone. You tell the phone that there is a reindeer. The app makes a warning zone. If somebody drives into the zone, the phone warns him or her.
VOCABULARY: freely, roads, solve, zone, project, accidents
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Do you think this is a good app? Why or why not?
- What are some animals in your country??
- What apps do you use?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- What country do the reindeer live in?
- What does the app make to warn other people?
- The project is not being used now. (T or F)
- How many people downloaded the app?
- Are there fewer accidents in 6 months?
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- walk into roads (p1)
- around 4,000 animals (P1)
- make a new app (P2)
- touch your phone (P2)
- warns him or her (P2)
Image source: By Ville Miettinen from Helsinki, Finland, CC-BY- 2.0,https://www.flickr.com/photos/62223880@N00/170378516/