(P1) A video on the Internet became viral. It shows a man and a dog on a motorbike. Strangely, it is the dog that is driving. A person filmed the video in Manado, Indonesia.
(p2) The man and the dog must be very close. However, they were driving to a place where people famously eat dog.
(P3) The man said that a driving dog could seem unusual to people, but that it is completely normal in Indonesia.
VOCABULARY: viral, strangely, however, seem, unusual
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Do you have a dog? Why or why not?
- Do you think it’s unusual to see a dog on a motorbike? Why or why not?
- Have you ever been to Indonesia? If yes, where? If no, do you want to travel there?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- The video of the dog on the motorcycle went viral on the internet. (T or F)
- Which city did this take place in?
- The dog and the owner are not close. (T or F)
- Is it completely normal to see dogs on motorbikes in Indonesia? (Y or N)
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following phrases or expressions mean?
- famously eat dog (P2)
Image Source: By Durova, CC BY 3.0 https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Qualcomm8.jpg